We identify and mitigate risk in commercial relationships, allowing our clients to proceed with confidence.
Our work is a key part of the pre-transaction process and complements our clients’ financial and legal diligence.
• Research and due diligence around new investment opportunities and M&A; assessment of management teams
• Intelligence gathering around potential obstacles to deal completion
• Market reviews and competitor analysis
• Key senior hires
• Know Your Client (KYC) procedures and screening of High Net Worth (HNW) or politically exposed individuals
• Assessment of potential exposure under FCPA/UKBA - for example, through analysis of the political/family connections of suppliers, agents or other commercial partners
• Evaluation of reputational and integrity risk associated with potential acquisition targets or business partners
• Assessment of existing or legacy relationships in light of increased political exposure or sanctions
• Sanctions exposure in customer and supply chain relationships
• In certain key markets, extensive mapping of sanctioned entities and individuals and their affiliates
We have significant experience in working on sensitive issues for equity investors, often for special situations teams who require insight into corporate decision-making, key personalities, and the political and regulatory decisions that affect business outcomes. Typically our work provides intelligence on:
• mergers and acquisitions;
• the condition of distressed assets;
• the likely outcome of critical litigation;
• corporate governance failures and structural defects;
• activist situations (either acting for or against activist shareholders);
• other issues poorly understood or not priced in by the market.