Office: GPW (Asia) Pte Ltd
Reports to: Partner, International
Full time role
25 days holiday allowance (pro-rata), in addition to public holidays
Work life balance polices including charity days and summer Fridays.
Opportunity to fly biannually to HQ in the UK.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Analyst to join GPW’s International practice in Singapore. In this role, the successful candidate will be required to work on a number of investigative assignments across multiple jurisdictions but with a particular focus on the Asian region.
This position is for an individual with a minimum of one year’s relevant experience in the industry, or similar experience outside the industry. The position requires a strong academic background and excellent written and oral English and ability to research in either Chinese (Mandarin) or Bahasa. In addition, the role requires proficiency in research and report writing skills, and directly relevant commercial experience.
The successful candidate will be under the guidance of senior members of the Analyst team and report directly to one of the Partners.
This role requires flexibility as the successful candidate will on occasion be required to travel and work outside normal working hours, including weekends and public holidays, as the requirements of projects may dictate.
- Desk-based research, drawing upon the range of search engines and databases generally available, and those available to the company under licence or other authority;
- Field research, utilising access to files, records and other information held publicly;
- Other proactive research and enquires as required, including interviews conducted by telephone and face-to-face;
- Present analytical findings to the highest standard in the form of written reports, verbal briefs and visuals;
- Support researching and drafting of project proposals;--
- Maintenance of project files, electronically and/or in hard copy as required;
- Develop and maintain a network in relevant jurisdictions;
- Contribute to identifying and developing resources useful for investigative research.
- Essential requirements:
- Native or near-native English speaker;
- Proficiency in Chinese (Mandarin) and/or Bahasa;
- Minimum 2:1 degree;
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills;
- Experience in research and report writing on a quick turnaround basis;
- Experience in reporting directly to clients;
- Ability to debrief external resources in person and by telephone;
- Knowledge of research databases;
- Ability to handle and manage a number of different time sensitive matters simultaneously;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including PowerPoint and Excel);
- Ability to work independently on assignments across GPW’s areas of work;
- At least one years’ experience in the business intelligence sector or other relevant commercial experience.
- Post-graduate qualification in a relevant subject;
- Experience living/working abroad;
- Knowledge of additional foreign languages, particularly Arabic.
If you wish to apply for this role, please us your CV and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject reference ‘GPW Application Ref S100’.
GPW is an equal opportunities employer. It is the policy of GPW to provide equal employment for all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation or disability.