GPW provides disputes and investigative consulting to the world’s top litigators and in-house general counsel
We are routinely engaged to gather evidence and intelligence to help clients build and win cases, from simple fact-finding and locating and interviewing witnesses, to asset tracing and other evidential and investigative support in complex international arbitration and litigation.
We have a wealth of experience in the following key areas:
• Mapping the assets of individuals and corporate entities in support of litigation or arbitral awards
• Working with counsel to determine the most promising assets and jurisdictions for enforcement
• Leading major investigations into sovereign assets (investor-state claims)
GPW's Global Asset Tracing & Enforcement Map shows signatories to (and application of) the New York Arbitration Convention overlaid with a GPW country rating based on the level of accessibility of information related to assets, our networks and experience over twenty years of conducting state, corporate and personal asset searches.
Please get in touch if you would like to receive a copy of GPW's Global Asset Tracing & Enforcement Map.
• Research to support our client’s litigation strategy – for example, identifying flaws or weaknesses in counterparties’ positions or key pieces of evidence
• Locating and interviewing potential witnesses for current or anticipated proceedings
• Documentation review and analysis
• Investigation of corporate ownership, transactions and money-flows mapping and analysis
• Gathering evidence to help clients build cases against current and former employees
• Assessing allegations made by whistleblowers
• Reviewing potential breaches of the FCPA and UK Bribery Act
• Assisting clients develop multi-jurisdictional investigative strategies
• Gathering intelligence for litigation purposes, in civil and criminal matters, where investigating digital devices is required to avoid missing crucial information that could be otherwise unknown
• Assisting clients with recovery, extraction and analysis of large volumes of electronic data with speed and ease, helping establish key data quickly
"We have worked with GPW for many years and have found their investigative work to be of the very highest quality. Their work reflects great depht of understanding of the subject of the investigation and the underlying circumstances. They are extremely thorough and careful in their assessments and have solved difficult investigative problems for us on several occasions. We recommend them to all our clients, confident that their work will be excellent, well-focused and efficient."
"GPW assisted the bank in relation to a global asset investigation - the report and information provided was excellent. GPW were extremely helpful and easy to deal with, and professional in the delivery of the report and supplemental information, which was provided in a timely manner."
"We have recently worked with GPW and have found them to be highly effective. They have a strong network globally and a better understanding of investigations in the disputes context than most. I have been working with them on some recent mandates to carry out investigations and assess the financial position of various target respondents in dodgy jurisdictions. I have worked with a few investigations firms in my new role and GPW are some distance ahead of others. They focus on disputes work and complex fraud, so they have a good knack for aligning their investigations to particular issues in the dispute."
"We have engaged GPW three times for specific projects in the last two years. In each instance GPW fully met our requests and delivered high quality analysis within the specified timeline and budget. We have been highly satisfied with GPW and will engage them again should a suitable project arise."