GPW provides disputes and investigative consulting to the world’s top litigators and in-house general counsel
We are routinely engaged to gather evidence and intelligence to help clients build and win cases, from simple fact-finding and locating and interviewing witnesses, to asset tracing and other evidential and investigative support in complex international arbitration and litigation.
We have a wealth of experience in the following key areas:
• Mapping the assets of individuals and corporate entities in support of litigation or arbitral awards, often against sovereign states;
• Working with counsel to determine the most promising assets and jurisdictions for enforcement;
• Leading major investigations into sovereign assets (investor-state claims);
• Evaluating potential claims against sovereign debtors to assess the cost vs benefit of recovery;
• Research to support our client’s litigation strategy – for example, identifying flaws or weaknesses in counterparties’ positions or key pieces of evidence;
• Locating and interviewing potential witnesses for current or anticipated proceedings;
• Documentation review and analysis;
• Investigation of corporate ownership, transactions and money-flows mapping and analysis;
• Gathering evidence to help clients build cases against current and former employees;
• Forensic analysis of email traffic and inter-personal relationships (often in the context of procurement fraud);
• Assessing allegations made by whistleblowers;
• Reviewing potential breaches of the FCPA and UK Bribery Act;
• Assisting clients develop multi-jurisdictional investigative strategies.