Partner & Co-Founder
Peter Pender-Cudlip is a co-owner and founder of GPW and sits on the board of directors. Based in Dubai, Peter has over 15 years of experience in global investigations and intelligence gathering. During that time, he has acted for sovereign entities, major corporations, financial institutions and law firms providing a wide range of investigative and asset tracing services to clients involved in: international and local litigation and arbitration, fraud and insurance claims, insolvencies and restructurings and other critical corporate and investment situations.
Recent work includes:
· Global asset tracing on behalf of an investor enforcing a multi-million arbitration award against a Sovereign state;
· Global and local asset investigations into debtors for major financial institutions and corporations;
· Procurement fraud investigation on behalf of a major Gulf corporation;
· Investigation for an international bank into a fraudulent borrower including tracing the proceeds of the fraud from India to Singapore, Mauritius, Dubai and various offshore jurisdictions;
· Working for insurers, re-insurers, banks and their legal teams investigating major insurance claims in the commodities sector and advising on recovery actions;
· Acting for liquidators and their advisers in recoveries against former company shareholders and directors; and
· Asset due diligence and enforcement for litigation funders.
Peter is recommended by Who’s Who Legal as a Global Leader in Asset Recovery and won Lexology’s Client Choice Award for Asset Recovery UAE, 2020 .
Peter studied law at Oxford University and is a qualified solicitor and former banker. Peter also serves as GPW’s Chief Compliance Officer.