Analysis of key geopolitical, political, regulatory and security issues affecting investment outcomes, including scenario planning, comparative risk assessment, market entry studies and evaluation of the most important political drivers of business risk.
We help clients assess their exposure to political risk, providing intelligence and analysis on politics, regulation and government stability, primarily in the emerging and frontier markets of Eastern Europe, Russia, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America. We advise our clients throughout the deal cycle: from scenario planning, to the formulation of market-entry strategy, through to monitoring potential changes in the political environment that could affect an investment.
When do clients use us?
We work consultatively with clients at board level and among strategy, business development, external affairs and risk management teams at pivotal stages in the business lifecycle. We advise on:
- Scenario planning: Testing scenarios and hypotheses for key markets — assessing short, medium and long-term prospects for stability and continuity
- Getting market entry right: Providing a road map of the risks within challenging territories prior to investment
- Political due diligence: Detailed analysis of regulatory risk, government intervention, populist policy making and state expropriation
- Understanding the players: Assessing the influence of key government figures, national champions and competitors who may influence an investment
- Risks on the ground: The challenges posed by security, geopolitics, civil unrest and other operational risks
- Investment continuity: Monitoring and responding to change within difficult commercial environments
Post-transaction monitoring of significant changes in political and commercial environments.
How we can help
We apply political risk analysis to assess risks from international regulation, government intervention, geopolitics and other operational challenges.
- Philip Worman