Decision making in emerging and frontier markets, where information is sparse and the political landscape can be complex and opaque, is challenging.
GPW provides insight into key factors at play: geopolitics, domestic politics, the economy, and operational issues.
We enable our clients to develop a suitable “company to country” strategy and navigate sudden or arbitrary changes in government policy.
• Assessing regional geopolitics to identify investment opportunity
• Evaluating domestic political, regulatory and operational risks in new markets
• Navigating problematic relations with host governments
• Assessing security and operational risk
• Providing regular updates on host government dynamics
• Monitoring potentially unstable situations which may impact a client's business
• Evaluating current and future exposure to sanctions, competitor activity or changes in government policy and regulation
• Understanding the power structure of host governments and how the client is positioned within that structure
• Mapping the key stakeholders, 'blockers' and 'enablers' in both government and the business community, and determining the best path forward for the client
• Advising on advocacy options and conduits to key decision-makers