GPW Group is a political risk, intelligence and dispute consulting firm with offices in London, Dubai and Singapore.
We are an independent owner-managed business with an established track record in dealing with sensitive commercial issues.
We have worked on critical issues facing businesses – high stakes litigation, internal fraud, and confidential merger situations. We are often retained to work on board-level mandates.
We are transparent in our pricing, methodology and deliverables. We are honest about where we can and cannot add value. We express our opinions in our reports and are not afraid to make recommendations based on our findings.
We are also careful not to overstate risk or apply hyperbole to our findings. We provide an objective view of business risk.
How we work
We tailor each investigation to the client’s requirements, drawing on relevant in-country experience and capabilities to provide the right team.
We use a variety of methods to gather our intelligence:
The full spectrum of publicly accessible information – from media, social media, blogs and corporate filings to information that is hard to find and not electronically stored – in multiple languages and from every relevant jurisdiction.
Retrieval of documents that are not fully accessible or are only available with permitted access, for example: regional-level litigation, criminal litigation in certain countries, evidence of travel or physically archived corporate documents.
Critical data and insight from sources who have direct contact with or indirect knowledge of the subject(s) of interest, which we always seek to evaluate, triangulate and cross-reference.
Confidentiality, anti-bribery and ethical standards
• Client confidentiality is paramount. We maintain scrupulous operational security; we minimise the amount of proprietary data we take into politically sensitive countries; we strive to ensure that any approaches to sources are carefully managed and do not put our – or our client’s – reputation at risk;
• We adhere to all applicable laws in the countries in which we operate;
• We do nothing that is ‘grey’, questionable, or that might reasonably be considered as such;
• We do not pay serving government officials or competitor employees for information;
• Retained sources sign strict anti-bribery/FCPA agreements.
"GPW marks the rise of a new breed of sophisticated, globally networked and agile firms that have opened up clear water between themselves and larger risk consultancies."